Mar 27, 2014

Diving in Miyako Island


It's a blue sky and warm weather, which I expected on Miyako Island, but the weather was not excellent at the time.

Miyako Island is one of the islands in Okinawa, which is located in southern Japan. It takes around 4 hours via Okinawa from Tokyo by airplane. When I arrived there on 21st March, it was cloudy and a strong wind was blowing. It seemed that the temperature was the same as Tokyo, therefore I was still wearing the thick coat which I was wearing in Tokyo.

On the next day, it was still cold and the strong wind was blowing, but we went to the diving point by small boat. It was rolling so much that I almost got seasick. Once I dived under the sea, I forgot the cold weather and the seasickness. There was a white shore and a beautiful view stretching out in front of me. I saw a small crab, sharks and anemone fishes around corals. Although it was a great view around me, I couldn't enjoy it very well because it was very difficult for me to keep neutral buoyancy. I'm a beginner diver and I couldn't stop near the corals without touching them to see fishes.

Miyako Island might not be one of the world-famous diving spots although it is well known in Japan. As it is famous for great geographical features, we can enjoy them every season. Please come to dive here. If you cannot dive, it has very beautiful places for snorkeling as well.









2 comments:

  1. To keep neutral buoyancy is the most challenging part in learning scuba diving. You need to continuously practice it until you feel comfortable. Usually it takes time.
    Once you learn it, you will not be called "a beginner diver" anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Even if I cannot keep neutral buoyancy, it's amazing that I can enjoy diving under the sea. When I started, I couldn't imagine that I could enjoy it.

      Delete