May 31, 2014

Latin Jazz session


If you play music, why don’t you join us !?


I joined a Latin Jazz Session for beginners last Saturday. As I posted on the blog before, I take a conga lesson every Saturday. My instructor, who is a professional drummer and percussionist, was the coordinator of this session.


I had a good time at this session, even though I’m a beginner of the conga drum, because all the songs we played were my favorite. It is pleasant to play music together and it is different from the lesson. The members who gathered in this session were a vocalist, pianist, bass guitarist, saxophonist and flutter, and of course, my instructor. We played Latin music, especially Cuban music. Here is the play list:


Dos gardenias
Com fue
Rico vacilon
Besame mama
Bilongo


I can’t improvise, but if I could, I think that it would be more fun. I need more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment