Sep 16, 2014

It was not easy for me to learn how to scuba dive...


It took a lot of time to take out a license for scuba diving. I’ve heard that most people can take it out in only a three day and two night camp, but I spent 2 years to acquire the license.

I can swim but I wasn’t good at swimming in the ocean, because I hardly went to sea when I was a child as my hometown was located far from the ocean.

My friend told me that scuba diving is not difficult as I had excellent reflexes and I also knew how to swim. I believed this, but I couldn’t go under the water while wearing the equipment. I understood in my mind that I could breathe through a regulator, but I couldn’t feel that it was safe and I was very afraid of diving under the water.

If nobody had supported me, I would have easily given up. Under such a situation, all I did was that I never gave up. I took the training several times, and finally, I got the license two years later. I did understand deeply that I can do anything if I don’t give up.

Now I’m enjoying going scuba diving. Last week, I went to Tateyama in Chiba Prefecture and I encountered many sharks, ray fishes and a big longtooth grouper. It was fun.















No comments:

Post a Comment